Apologies for the lack of updates on this site for the past few months- we’ve had a great trip to Siem Reap, revised our construction plans, recruited and interviewed and formed a new committee, and organised a Charity Dinner. We’ll try to put up photos and videos when we finally get our head round everything!
On that note, I’d like to congratulate and officially introduce the new CHOICE committee 2012/13:
- President: Natasha Brown (Downing College, Law)
- Vice President: Joyce Chow (Jesus College, Law)
- Project Directors: Jasmine Cheung (Jesus College, Law), Esther Ho (Newnham College, Natural Sciences)
- Marketing Director: Hugo Chan (Churchill College, Law)
- Finance Director: Colman Yau (Sidney Sussex College, Mathematics)
- Operations Director: Victor Sun (Trinity College, Engineering)
On behalf of the outgoing committee, I’d like to express our most sincere gratitude for all your support in the past year, without which no parts of our project would have been possible. Special thanks goes to our Cambodian partner Angkor Kids Center and their Director Samnang, for keeping in communication with us throughout the year and for hosting us in September. Though the process of our school construction has been challenging and there are still hurdles that we need to overcome, the children will always be our biggest motivation and I am sure both of us will work our hardest to see through the completion of the school. We will keep all of you updated with our progress. Our gratitude also goes to the committee of 2010/11, for all their advice and guidance. As we step down from the front lines of CHOICE we will continue to be involved as advisers to offer help to the new committee when it’s needed.
Once again, I wish the incoming committee success in their every endeavour and sincerely hope that you would continue to support your support for their work. Thank you very much (:
President, CHOICE 2011/12